As long as I can remember, my dad would always get up on Saturday morning and work in the yard. He would wait until 7 am to start mowing so that he doesn't wake the neighbors. My mom would also clean the house and it was nice to know that is how our Saturdays were going to be. Well since I have been married I have always wanted that to be how my house is on Saturdays. This was Ben and the girls a couple of weeks ago.
Courtney LOVES to help mow. Whenever she hears it start up she comes running out to help.
She is so cute and fun!
Brooklyn really likes to sweep. She is also my big helper inside the house. Lately Brooklyn will clean her room without me asking, it is so nice. She also will clean the bathrooms, bedrooms and the kitchen sink. Is this what every first child does??

2 comments:
I am so jealous of your yard. We only have rock in our front, so I am dying for the day to come when we can get grass in our backyard,....and trees, garden (both flower and vegetable) bigger porch slab, etc.
WE always knew that on Saturday mornings when we woke up our chores would be rotated within the siblings, and that the Saturday chores would be added onto the list. I have just started it with my kids and they are getting the hang of it. It's nice when they get to the age of being able to actually help with things like dishes and garbages.
She is at the helpful age. It is still fun for her. The trick is to keep it up! Keep giving her responsibilty and she will just think it is normal. ANd Brooklyn seems to be the type to be naturally helpful. What a great combination!
Post a Comment