Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Past 2 weeks


Macey is now 17 days old.  She is really a great baby.  She eats and sleeps great and I have never had hours that I have been up in the night with her yet!  I really hope that I don't have them starting anytime soon or ever for that matter.  At Macey 5 day appointment she was 6 pounds 15 ounces, so she is above her birth weight.  

Here is what we have been up to the last 2 weeks.  The day I came home everything was fine.  We went to bed early and woke up for the first time with Macey at 11pm.  I told you we went to bed early.  Anyways, I was feeding her and I was freezing.  I mean I was shaking so bad.  I took my temp and it was 101.  After I was done feeding her and doing a few other things I was still cold and just couldn't warm up.  So again I took my temp and now it was 102.9.  In our discharging papers it said to call if your fever got higher then 101.  So we called the doctor and they told us to go to the ER.  We got Ben's mom to come and stay at the house with the girls and off to the ER we went.  We got there a little after midnight and started the long and slow process to find out what the crap was wrong and causing my fever.  After giving blood, urine and an internal exam which hurt they were a little unsure as to what was wrong.  They did say that they thought I might be starting to have  an infection on my uterus.  After 6 hours there I was sent home with some antibiotics, that did help me get better. 

Last week was my first week home alone.  Thankfully I have a great friend who took Brooklyn to school everyday and also brought her back home.  It was really nice to be able to have someone so helpful.  Thanks Crystal I really owe you!

On Saturday my cousin came over to take newborn pictures and I can't wait to see how they turn out.  The picture above I took myself but I am sure her picture is better then mine.  

Today is Macey's 2 week appointment and I am excited to see what her stats are.  Things are going good here.  There are times that I want to pull my hair out because Courtney is waking her up or something, but other then those few daily incidents everyone is happy and healthy.




12 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

WOW! glad things are going well and she is growing well. scary about the fever and the possible infection.

Katie said...

She is so cute! Can't wait to see all her pics!

Heather said...

I am working on those pics! Well, I will as soon as I get a chance, probably tomorrow morning, then I will post a teaser/preview for you. I love how she was totally passed out on the towels, pure comfort and she was such a sweetie.

Hannah + 4 said...

She is so cute!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

what a cutie, can't wait to see her.

Mariah said...

sssssssssssooooooooooo cute, and the cutest lil' bootie in the world Macy! so glad she came to eartharent you?

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh!! She is so sweet! You and your little babies! I can't wait to meet her. I'm sure the girls just love her!

kemptons said...

Congratulations on your little girl. She is beautiful and I love her name. That picture is so cute, I can't wait to see how the other ones turned out. Glad everything is going well.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Your Macey is cute too--she is going to LOVE you for that pic someday!

Great Scott's! said...

Good Babies are the best! And that is such a sweet picture, she's got a sweet little face :) And I can't wait for Thursday, The Office is wonderful!

Maranda Whittle said...

That is the cutest pic ever of her on the towels!

And in answer to your question...I worked at the prison shortly after I got married. It's the one here in Safford. Everytime a new shipment of inmates came in, I would put together their portfolio and ID numbers. I was dealing with murderers and bank robbers and child molesters everyday. Where ever I would go, their heads would turn and just stare me down and whistle at me. The guards would notice it and get on to them! It was so flamming scary. Now looking back, what the heck was I thinking!!

Kathryn said...

Kim, I enjoyed Macey's blessing today. When Ben blessed her that she would be able to seek out good friends I thought, I sure hope Lucy and Elsa are lucky enough to be friends with the your girls when they get older, cause I know the Prince girls are going to be so darn popular and cute."

You have such a cute family and Macey just adds to it. You can pick out all your relatives really easily from the congregation: cute with cute button noses.

Sorry I've been a bum and still haven't gotten over there to visit. One of these days I'll have to bring you a treat.