So today I had to learn something the hard way. This morning my sister in law called me to tell me that she had just sent over an email about make up that you could buy for a $1 from Nordstroms. So I thought why not buy a bunch of really good quality make up for really cheap. So I go shopping and buy a bunch of stuff. I mean about $70 worth of stuff. I was thinking this is awesome I can't believe it is only a buck. So I place my order and about 3 to 4 hours later my other sister in law tells me that one of her friends had called and that she was getting ready to buy some also and then she thought I should call my friend that works at Nordstrom and ask her if they sell this product, which is ELF. Her friend told her no they don't sell it. So then she decides to google ELF to see who does sell it and well you can get it at Kmart or Target and even the 99 cent store. So we just bought $70 worth of this crap make up. I WAS PISSED! So I called the customer service and of course all I got was an answering machine telling me that they are assisting other customers and that I could leave my name and number and that they would call me back. So i did and so far no call back. Then I decided to call American Express to see if they would cancel the payment and they said that they will but I have to wait until it has posted to my account and then they would dispute it. Once I see that it is posted I will be calling and getting my money back and hopefully they won't send me there crap. I can't believe that I didn't think about checking this out and making sure that it was the real deal. So I just want to say I am so sorry to the people that I forward this email to and I really hope that you either didn't buy anything or that you didn't spend as much as I did.
Now the reason I am disputing this is cause I have a friend who found some bad reviews on the product and that it is like the make up that you get when you buy one of those plastic heads that you can do their hair and make up. I think I have heard that the term for cheap crappy make up is Barbie make up and well that is exactly how the girl described it. This is a lesson I learned the hard way. What I learned from this is that you should always check things out first.
Friday, June 29, 2007
I learned my Lesson
Labels: Lesson Learned, Make-Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
AHHHH! I AM STILL SO PISSED!
Ok so I heard about that it to almost bought a bunch but I called my friend Megan, who is a make-up artist and she said the same thing. That you could get it frome those places. But I was told that Nordstroms doesnt carry it yet but is eventually going to, but I am sure it is a lie. I was also told that it was just as good as mac. I am sorry you bought so much. I would be mad to.
I got an email from a friend about this too. My sister looked up its relevancy and found out about it, although we still bough a few dollars worth to see what it was like. I hope you can cancel your credit card. I don't know when Aaron and I will be there next. We will be in Utah for Christmas. I am almost 30 weeks along now and still feeling great - just wished you didn't have to gain so much weight!! :)
Post a Comment