Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Poor Guy!

Ben started to get sick on Friday night and by Saturday morning he felt like crap.  All day Saturday we had family parties to go to and so I took the girls while he rested.  When I got home he wasn't any better but worse.  We thought that he had the flu but he had a really bad sore throat, so on Sunday morning I took him to Urgent Care and found out that he had strep throat.  Yuck!!  He got a shot instead of taking pills for 10days and well here we are 48 hours later and he is still not better.  So now we are waiting for 7am to come so that I can take him back to Urgent Care and see what the heck is happening.  Hopefully we can get him better there, but we think he is dehydrated and well that isn't good.  He can't even swallow his own spit.  I feel so bad for him.


On another note, we didn't end up feeding the missionaries yesterday because of him being sick but I wanted to thank everyone for your ideas.  I will have to use them for my family.  

Wish us luck that everything will get better and that the road to recovery is fast.  

7 comments:

megan allen said...

Oh kim, I hope ben gets better! That is so crapy! He's lucky he has you to take care of him. It sounds like you're doing a great job!

Katie said...

I really think he just wanted 4 days off like Chris when he had that nasty flu. Just kidding. Hope he gets better quickly! That stinks so bad!

Kathryn said...

I was wondering where you guys were on Sunday (for all 20 minutes of church we made it to.) Sorry about Ben being sick. When a child gets sick, it is one thing, but when your husband gets sick, it seems like the days just drag on. Hopefully he will get better soon.

Heather said...

Dang, being sick is the pits! Poor Ben and I feel for you nursing him back to health. Bless husband's little hearts, they just can't handle being sick.

Anonymous said...

Hope he id doing better now...and that it didn't get passed to anyone else! Good luck! ;)

Kristi said...

Hope he's feeling better! What's the latest?

kemptons said...

Having sick husbands are the worst. I hope he is nothing like mine. When Steven gets sick it it like the whole world is about to end! I am sure you are taking great care of him...