****UPDATE****UPDATE****UPDATE****UPDATE****
So far the results are coming back negative!! They will most likely be released sometime tomorrow. His fever has gone away, and has stayed away. Can't wait until he is home and totally better.
Carson has been sick since Sunday night with a high fever. Yesterday morning Katie took him to the doctor and they were unable to figure out why he had it and why it was so high. Newborns usually don't get fevers. So her doctor sent them to the hospital for more testing. They have done a spinal tap, blood work and a urine sample and as of right now they have not gotten any results. Please pray that everything comes back normal and that they can come home soon. I will update you with more when I get more info.

8 comments:
I hate hate hate when my babies are sick. It's so scary because they can't tell you what's wrong and you have no idea what's the matter. It's the worst feeling in the world. We'll keep them in mind!
My sister's little baby had the same thing - high fever with no reason so they did all the tests and only found an ear infection. It is tuff having such a little one back in the hospital. We will be thinking and praying for your family.
Umm, good to know. I think all of my kids have had to be seen for high fevers with in their first couple weeks. It can be very common. However, when it goes as far as getting a spinal tap, I would then begin to worry. How unsettling for Chris and Katie. I hope it turns out to be nothing major.
Poor thing! i wish we could go visit him, but we can't! DARN!
Scary - I hope everything's ok! Please keep us posted. When Ted was in the ER his doc said any baby with a fever in the first 4 weeks will get a spinal tap. There was one getting one the night we were there!
yeah kim! thanks for keeping me updated! so glad to know that he is doing well. love ya
I didn't realize they were still in the hospital. What a long process.
By the way, some darn cute bows would darling on that little headband of your daughters!
I know a girl who you can get some from! :)
Negative is good. Thanks for giving an update. I have been so worried about that little guy.
Post a Comment